Saturday, April 21, 2018

EARTH DAY IS SUNDAY #SaveMotherEarth




EARTH DAY IS SUNDAY



I care about Mother Earth, about climate change, pollution, clean water, protecting living things, and preserving wilderness areas. It’s overwhelming if I think about all the things that are dying, going extinct, or being ruined by human beings. I focus on the things within my power: conservation of water and power, using organic methods for pesticides, taking care of my trees, using reusable bags when I shop instead of plastic, recycling everything I can, donating to associations that are working toward a healthy planet, and signing petitions to prevent pollution and preserve what we have.


The Earth would get along just fine without human beings. We are the cause of many problems and that means we can work to fix those problems. If we continue the way we are going, we will systematically destroy our planet and we have nowhere else to go, no plan B; no contingency plan. Earth Day is celebrated by becoming mindful of the things we can do to keep our planet healthy for the coming generations.


I know I can’t do everything, but I can do some things. If we all pledge to do some thing, we can make difference. We still have time.

No comments: