Thursday, September 28, 2017

To Nap Or Not To Nap

    When I was younger, before I retired from nursing, I used to think of naps as a waste of time. Who took naps for Pete's sake? There is just too much to do and, besides, people who take naps are just lazy and nonproductive--right?
    Well let me tell ya, things have changed. I've found naps to be a healthy and wise investment. I don't get to take one every day, but I sure look forward to those days when I can. My naps aren't long, anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour, but they make... a difference. If I take a nap longer than an hour it has the opposite affect on me and I feel drained and out of sorts. But a short nap does wonders to reset my mood. A person can get kinda cranky when they're tired or aggravated.
    A nap takes all that bad mood and tiredness away and makes you more amiable and pleasant. I feel refreshed and peaceful after a nap even after just 15 minutes. A short nap does wonders to reset my mood. I don't even have to fall asleep. Sometimes I can just lie there and meditate for a while and it helps me make it through the rest of the day in a good mood. Many more people should take naps.
    Do you take naps? If you do, do you feel better when you do? Do you get to reset your mood?

No comments: