Wednesday, December 26, 2012

MY NEXT BIG THING

THE NEXT BIG THING


I was selected to participate in The Next Big Thing and I was very happy to take part in the fun blog hop. So here goes...
A little bio:
I am a multipublished author of many genres of romance from western to contemporary, but my favorite is paranormal and time travel such as The Violin, Harmonica Joe’s Reluctant Bride and a new series, The Legends of Winatuke. The first book should be released in the next few months.

Places you can find me:
http://www.sarahmcneal.blogspot.com/

http://www.sarahmcneal.com

Here are some authors I like that I hope you'll check out:
Jenny Twist: https://sites.google.com/site/jennytwistauthor/

Stephanie Burkhart: http://sgcardin.tripod.com

Linda Swift: http://lindaswift.net/

Lindsay Townsend: http://www.lindsaytownsend.net

Cheryl Pierson:  http://www.cherylpierson.com


Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book?

THE LIGHT OF VALMORA, Legends of Winatuke

 
Where did the idea come from for the book?

My hairdresser, Cathy Craton, once asked me to write about something to do with fairies. Well, I couldn’t see me writing about the little magic folk, but I sure could see me writing about some big people with magical gifts and unique wings. Thus, I created the beings of light that I later named the Nimway. Each Nimway is born with a special gift or two and unique wings that are almost like fingerprints; some are like butterfly wings, some like birds and some a combination, but no two are exactly alike. Every good story has to have conflict, so what better way to disturb the good Nimway than to put their kingdoms and nomadic nations into deadly jeopardy and introduce a terrible dark antagonist who wants to destroy them and use them for evil. Mahara is the witch queen of the Dark Isle. She rules without conscience and possesses a lust for blood and pain.

What genre does your book fall under?

Paranormal/Fantasy/Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Jake Gyllenhaa would make a perfect Falcon, fit, lean, dark hair, but with dark eyes instead of blue.

Penelope Cruz with her long dark hair in curls, brown eyes and her lovely accent.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A quest for an enchanted light...a Gypsy’s love...and a warrior’s sacrifice to save Valmora.

Where do you plan to submit your book, or will you self published it? Will you be submitting it to agents and NYC publishers first.

The Light of Valmora, Legends of Winatuke is contracted with Publishing by Rebecca Vickery.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

To completion, two years. I spent most of the time reworking the first chapter over and over again. I don't think I've ever spent so much time writing a novel, but I really hope readers will like it.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

If you mean by another author, then I would say Lord of the Rings but with 100 % more romance meets the wicked witch of the west.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

After writing two other novels in this series, I was running on adrenaline and eager to capture one of my secondary characters as a hero.  The first two books will be available for $.99 at a little later date as well.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

This book is filled with secrets and extreme danger. It’s all or nothing, last stand; do or die. If the quest fails, all of Winatuke will fall to ruin—and it all depends on one human and his unpretentious talent for solving puzzles. 
I recently posted the cover for The Light of Valmora, Legends of Winatuke created by Laura Shinn, a talented artist and author.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Sarah--I had no idea you had such a vivid fantastical imagination. It sounds like you have done your homework in "world building." To my knowledge, your series is unique, and as popular as this genre is right now, you should do really well!
The cover is outstanding--really beautiful, the kind that appeals to me. And the actors you chose for your characters are perfect. I can see them now.
Good luck, and congratulations on this new release.

Jenny Twist said...

I second everything Celia says. It looks really wonderful, Sarah. Love Jenny xxx

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Wow, thank you, Celia. Coming from an accomplished author like you, those compliments means a lot to me. I hope you're right about the success of this book in this genre. I sure loved writing this story.
Thank you so much for coming by and for all your support.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Jenny, you are so kind. Thank you so much for taking the time to come by and for your very kind comment. I really appreciate it.

M. S. Spencer said...

Hey Sarah--Merry Christmas, although I have to tell you that I already picked Penelope Cruz for MY next big thing heroine last week. Nyah nyah. The Nimway world sounds wonderful! Meredith

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Meredith, you are so funny. Maybe Penelope Cruz is just the perfect heroine type. We can share her.
I hope my Nimways can win some hearts--and the humans, too.
Thank you so much for coming by and checking out me blog. I need to use it more. LOL