Thursday, July 04, 2013

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY


We celebrate the Fourth of July with food, firewords and music now, but the fight to free America was paid for in lives by brave men and women willing to risk all to be free. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that. Nobody just decided one day that the United States of America should become its own country, make its own laws and allow the freedom of elections of its leaders to every citizen.
Today we honor those who won our freedom for us.

I'm going to have a fun evening with my family and eat those great hotdogs. Later tonight I'm going to watch my neighbor's fireworks from my deck. My neighbors are new American citizens from San Salvador. And all the while, I'm going to keep in mind that American soldiers are still fighting to keep us free. I hope someday very soon they can all come home and we can enjoy peace.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Fourth of July.



No comments: