Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


I haven't really celebrated Mother's Day since 1974 when Mom died. 
I don't have any children so I don't get flowers, chocolate or breakfast in bed.  I suppose, if I were somebody's mom, it might be a happy day for me in spite of losing my mother before she had a chance to grow old.
But I do remember her on Mother's Day.  I light a candle beside her picture and I write a little note or buy her a card and lay it there knowing that, somehow, wherever her spirit resides, she knows I thought of her and love her still.  This is the day I miss her the most. She meant the world to me. . .she still does.
For those of you who still have your moms, I hope you celebrate your love for her today in your own special way.  And if you are a mom, I wish you a happy and loving day with your family.
Sarah

2 comments:

Virginia C said...

Hey, Sarah J : )

I am sharing some of those same thoughts with you--take care.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

Thank you so much, Virginia. You are so supportive.