Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Are you into symbolism?


You may be thinking, what the heck are you talking about?  Well, I'm going to be talking about the symbols used in writing.  You know, like the big S inside a triangle for Superman but, even more, about those objects placed in a story that represent greater meaning than the object itself.  I remember how dull I thought this symbol thing was when I took literature in high school and college.  I didn't really believe that a writer would add symbols to their story--not on purpose any way.  You may have thought that, too but, I warn you, you may be very surprised at what I have to say.  Check out my blog Sarah's Provocative Ponderings  on Thursday, September first.  Here is the tag to get there: http://pasttheprint.blogspot.com/
I hope you'll join me.

No comments: