Saturday, April 23, 2011

My First Review for Harmonica Joe's Reluctant Bride

This week I received a review from You Gotta Read Reviews that lifted my spirits into the stratosphere.  Here it is:

You Gotta Read Reviews:


http://yougottareadreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-harmonica-joes-reluctant-bride.html

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review: Harmonica Joe's Reluctant Bride by Sarah J. McNeal

Title: Harmonica Joe's Reluctant Bride

Author: Sarah J. McNeal

Publisher: Western Trail Blazer

Rating: You Gotta Read

Reviewer: Val

Review

I often sit here and think how I would handle living in a different time period. When Harmonica Joe's Reluctant Bride fell into my hands, I instantly fell in love with the book. I was able to take a trip through time which I will remember for a long time to come. As with any time travel book, I usually always ask myself if something from the past could hinder something in future. I feel as though I need to pay close attention and try to keep up with what is about to happen. This book was the polar opposite for me. I was so engrossed in the book, I didn't have think about what may happen, I simply sat back and let this book sweep me away.

Lola is a feisty woman who is hell bent on proving to herself and others that she will not end up like her mother. As an independent woman living in the 21st century, Lola has goals to become a lawyer so people will look up to her and is finally on her way to making her dreams come true. Joe lives in the 20th century, faces turmoil of his own and feels as though he needs to live a solitary life. Now imagine how you would react to being transported from the 21st to the 20th century without an inkling of how it happened. On top of that, you find yourself in the middle of your own marriage to a man you don't even know. This is exactly what happened to Lola. From the moment Lola and Joe lay eyes on one another the sparks fly in more ways than one. Each is drawn to the other but at the same time are exasperated with one another. Their relationship throughout the book is enchanting, humorous, spicy and genuine. These two really touched my heart.

Solid secondary characters like Banjo (a young man who has been on his own since he was about ten) and Argos (Joe's faithful canine) really brought a strong familial feel to the book. Each played an important part as a protector who would lay down their lives for those they held close.

Ms. McNeal is a new author to me and I found Harmonica Joe's Reluctant Bride to be a deeply sensual yet very touching read. I instantly fell in love with the writing style and I just have to say Ms. McNeal has a gift of writing with great humor, witty dialogue and superb imagery.

This book has become a new favorite of mine and I know you will fall in love with it as well. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves time travel, suspense, romance and steamy love scenes. You don't want to miss this book.

You can BUY Harmonica Joe's Reluctant Bride at the following places:Available at Western Trail Blazer Novels


http://westerntrailblazer.yolasite.com/online-store.php

Also available at amazon.com and will be available in PRINT very soon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=harmonica+joe%27s+reluctant+bride+by+sarah+mcneal&x=14&y=14

No comments: