Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter/Passover



Happy Easter
Whether you have a wild and crazy Easter, a fun family time dinner or a sweet time for two Easter, just enjoy it and be happy to be on the earth for another unfolding of Spring and renewal.
My family is coming for an Easter luncheon. We are all pitching in with our favorite dishes. Betsy is bringing a bunny cake, ambrosia and asparagus, Matthew made a squash casserole and iced tea, Madeline and I dyed eggs and made party favors and I'm making deviled eggs, salad, baked chicken and potato salad. My sister, Mary, is off the hook because she volunteered to work today. I have to appreciate that she usually has the Sunday dinners.
I'm also going to take a little private time today to remember those that I've lost this year, my friend, Joyce Henderson, my loving dog, Kate and my sister, Marlene, whose birthday would have been April 17. Then I'm going to start planning my vacation to Hilton Head (a retirement gift to me from Mike Hinson) and start looking for a puppy and plant a garden so I can get some happiness back into my life. It's time for me to look forward to something.
Whatever you and your family are doing to celebrate today, I wish you joy.
All good things to your corner of the universe.
Sarah

No comments: